About the Firm
Experienced Michigan Family Lawyer Provides Effective Counsel
Sterling Heights firm handles divorces, custody disputes and other matters
When you have a family law concern, it affects every part of your life. Divorce, child support disputes and other domestic matters can be overwhelming, especially when emotions are high and the outcome is in doubt. At times like these, you can rely on Dawson Family Law, PLLC to provide knowledgeable counsel on these and other issues. From my location in Sterling Heights, I bring more than 40 years of experience to matrimonial litigation, parenting matters, domestic violence representation and other challenges facing Michigan clients and the people closest to them.
Dedicated Macomb County attorney concentrates on domestic concerns
Since the firm’s founding, I have helped men and women in the greater Detroit metro area protect their rights and overcome difficult challenges. The attorney you choose can have a profound impact on your case, so it’s important to find an advocate who is:
- Accomplished — Clients recommend me for of the full range of domestic legal concerns, including complex divorces and custody disputes. I have also been recognized by colleagues familiar with my work, earning an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for my legal ability and ethics.
- Focused — As an attorney who concentrates exclusively on family law, I am aware of the latest developments in this area and can handle intricate situations such the distribution of property when a high-asset couple ends their marriage.
- Attentive — I know that personal attention is crucial to a positive experience in any family legal matter. Regardless of the specific assistance you need, I’ll craft a strategy that fits your goals and values.
From your free initial consultation through the resolution of your case, my firm will give you comprehensive legal support.
Areas of Practice
Skillful advocate works to help clients achieve lasting solutions
In Macomb County and the surrounding region, I assist men and women with family law
challenges relating to:
- Divorce — Going through a divorce is never easy, but my firm handles each aspect of the marriage dissolution process, including asset division and spousal support.
- Child custody — It is essential to establish child custody and support arrangements that foster a safe, healthy environment for sons and daughters. Whether relations between parents are amicable or contentious, I work to reach a solution that is in the child’s best interests.
- Mediation — As a family law mediator and an advocate during the mediation process, I am dedicated to helping divorcing couples settle their issues outside of court whenever possible, saving them time, money and stress.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — My firm creates marital agreements to help prospective spouses and newly married clients protect their assets and understand the financial consequences of a possible divorce.
- Domestic violence — For counsel on issues of domestic violence, you can count on my firm to explain your legal options clearly and assert your rights effectively.
Don’t hesitate to obtain knowledgeable legal guidance for the situation you’re facing in your household. I’ll work diligently to achieve a result that addresses your short- and long-term needs.
Contact a knowledgeable Michigan family lawyer for a free initial consultation
Dawson Family Law, PLLC advises residents of Michigan and other states on a full range of family law matters, including divorce proceedings and custody disputes. To schedule a free consultation at my office in Sterling Heights, call 833-671-4445 or contact me online