Search Site

What if I can’t afford child support?

Child Support
  • What if I can't afford child support?
    • video
      Firm Name: Dawson Family Law, PLLC
      Duration: 01:28
      Date: 2019-07-12
      If you’re facing financial problems, it’s important to ask a judge to modify your support order. The court must believe your hardship is unintentional, because you lost your job or are unable to work due to injury or illness. A local family law attorney can often work with the custodial parent and a judge to help you reduce your child support payments.
Related Child Support Videos
  • How is child support generally calculated?
Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Office Location
  • Sterling Heights Office
    43805 Van Dyke Avenue
    Sterling Heights, Michigan 48314
    Phone: 586-731-7400
    Fax: 586-731-6370
  • AV Badge
  • "Dave Dawson was very helpful and informative. He is a no nonsense kind of attorney that gets results. I would recommend to a friend."  --J.L.

  • "Mr. Dawson, Brilliant work! Yesterday I still couldn’t believe you actually brought me back to life and thinking back how you did your best – brilliant – thank you!"  --Holger K.

  • "Dear David, Thanks so much for everything! You have done so much for me these last couple of months! I am eternally grateful."  --Ryann M.

  • "David, I really appreciate being able to refer clients who can benefit from your knowledge and experience. Thank you,"  --Jon Corbin